Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Finding a Wedding Dress

I always hated buying clothes. Now I am stressed about finding a dress for my daughter's wedding. Kate is the first of my daughters to get married and I am finding that she is a little bit more particular about what I am going to wear to her wedding, unlike my five sons, who got married at didn't bother or care about the color or style of my dress. Or at least they never mentioned that they didn't like it, which was wise on their part. I know, I better get this dress and color and style just right. I have been banned from wearing any type of ugly hippy style monstrosity.

No problem I think. Then again this is a problem. My three daughters are pretty much in single digit sizes, unlike me. After nine children, I have gained weight. So, I refuse to even check out or think about wearing the dresses my daughter sent me as an idea, via email. I nixed the strapless and topless dresses. There is no way that I want my top and arms exposed. I swear that I go to the gym on a daily basis to work my upper arms with the free weights, and my lower body by riding the stationary bicycle for 16 miles a day.

Although, I did check out the one website that my daughter sent me. I navigated through the online wedding booklet, and found a dress or two. They are both long. I like the idea of black because black hides a multiple of sins, and makes a person look smaller. I did stop by that store in Pittsburgh, and found two more dresses that I like but didn't bother to try on. I found out that they don't sell dresses but rather tops and skirts because you can buy them in two different sizes. Great idea! I keep promising myself that I will go on a diet and lose some weight before the wedding, and then I will go back to that store and try on some of those outfits.

I know that when I am ready to try on dresses I am going to be very sad and depressed. I will probably head to Wendy's to drown my sorrow and order their #1 combo - a single hamburger with ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, a small container of fries, and a small diet pop. After all, I am trying to lose weight for the wedding. Or maybe I could just hire the woman modeling the dress on page six of the wedding booklet, the one in that snappy long black outfit that I like.

2 comments:

  1. You are gonna look great in whatever you decide to wear - you are the Mother-of-the-Bride...wear that title with confidence and you will surely shine. BUT...one note...as stated above...I think we are glad you decided to "nix the strapless and TOPLESS (???) dresses" : )

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...that was funny. I forgot that it isn't a nude wedding!

    ReplyDelete