Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chicken Osso Bucco - A Taste of Heaven


Last week, while working in my daughter’s catering kitchen, Erin’s Fine Foods, I couldn’t get over the fantastic aroma that was coming from the oven. Finally, Chef Jeff took out the large hotel pan and gently laid it down on the silver prep table. I put down my knife and had to walk over where the aroma was wafting from, and see what fabulous creation was in the hotel pan. There in the pan in a golden colored liquid were chicken legs, large cuts of celery, carrots, potatoes, green beans, and chunks of onions. The aroma wasn’t the only thing that was tickling my nose. The beauty of the dish itself, the rich looking golden gravy and the colors of the vegetables was something to behold.  I was able to take home a small take out container of the dish. I tried it at home and thought that if food is heaven, I was there. The flavors were to die for. I ate each mouthful as slow as I could and wished for a second and third helping. But I had to settle for the one helping. When I was finished, I remembered the richness of the dish. Although it was rich and hardy, I still remembered it on my taste buds. And 24 hours later, I am inspired to write a small piece about it.

 

The next day I asked Jeff what he put into the dish and he told me there was butter, some cream and stock, along with the spices. He cooked it in the oven for a long, long time.

 

My daughter will be putting this dish on her take out menus. It is a perfect meal for the coming cold months. Whenever Jeff makes this dish, my orders will be in for it as well. Next time, I want a lot more of the Chicken Bucco.

 
And to Chef Jeff…you are a true chef, and a true artist at what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment