Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Story Written - Sent - Accepted



I have been in bit of a writing slump. On my way to visit my hometown of Utica, New York…along the drive, a seed of an idea started to form. As I got closer to Utica…the idea started to grow even more. The next day I would find myself sitting at Barnes and Noble and writing 10 pages of a new book. Having an idea and being able to write about it is a high for me.

Then I came back home and found an email waiting for me. The sender asked me to send back a signed contract and a 100 word biography to accompany my story. I stared at the email and tried to remember what story I had sent or was this a hoax or a mistake. Eventually I took a chance and mailed back a response saying I never received a contract from them or it was accidentally deleted.

I pretty much figured that if I had a story accepted, I messed up and the story was gone. But then a few hours later, I received another email congratulating me on having my story accepted for their Animal Rescue Anthology. I had been sent a contract and I would need to send the signed contract back, along with the bio. The date was September 23, 2015, and I had to have both sent in by September 25.

It took me awhile to get excited. But after I worked on my biography and scanned a signed contract…I emailed both out by the 24th. After hitting the send button, I finally felt that old excitement growing and it felt pretty good.

Yes, getting a story accepted and published is a real high. It’s also the great motivator to do what I do…keep writing!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment