Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Glidden House Hotel





I just returned from a mini trip to Cleveland, where I stayed overnight at the Glidden House Hotel. The hotel is located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. The Glidden House was built in 1910, as an impressive mansion. Now it’s used as a welcoming hotel.


I have driven by the Hotel and have seen it when I have visited the Cleveland Museum of Art. I often thought that it looked like an inviting place to stay. It is, not just because of the friendly staff but there are lists of reasons to stay there. The Glidden House is within walking distance to the Cleveland Botanical Gardens, the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Institute of Music, and the Western Reserve Historical Society. There are 60 air conditioned rooms with Wi-Fi access, a large plasma television, and a complimentary breakfast served in the delightful dining area, surrounded by windows in a beautiful setting.
   After a day at the Cleveland Museum of Art, it was nice to know that the hotel that I was staying at was just a few hundred yards away and that I wouldn’t have to jump in the car and drive two hours home.


Besides the convenience of the Glidden House, the place is close to some very interesting and tasty restaurants!

No comments:

Post a Comment