Friday, July 22, 2016

Sleepovers and Sprinkles





It appears that no matter how old my grandchildren are…they still ask to come over and sleep at my house.
I don’t know if it has anything to do with the cookies.
I have or the special treats that they like.
Or that I take them out to a someplace special.
Or buy them a few things that they want.
Maybe it is having dinner out or a pizza and wings delivered to the house.
 Or maybe it is all the games that we play.
Or maybe it’s all of the above.

One thing that I know for certain is that the next morning, I have to make pancakes with colored sprinkles added on top of them. That is always their request. I add red or green or blue sprinkles, or if it is a special occasion, I add seasonal ones like patriotic sprinkles, stars, or green Christmas tree, or fall leaves. Whatever the occasion is, I have sprinkles for that.



A few days ago my 15-year-old grandson came to spend the night. He gave me the line, “I’m going on vacation in a few days and I want to spend the night at your house and say goodbye.”
 I laughed and said, “That was very clever and very smooth. Okay, come over whenever.”

The next morning, I got up early and made my pancakes and added my patriotic sprinkles to them. The pancakes were warming in the oven and now all I needed was my grandson out of bed to eat them.

Sometimes it is nice to know that you special to your grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment