Saturday, January 5, 2019

Back to Baking


A new year is underway. I haven’t even bothered with New Year’s resolutions. Why bother. I won’t follow them. But I do make a ‘to do list' or a 'bucket list.' I just list things that I want to do throughout the New Year. Writing is on top of my list along with the gym, working at the kitchen and trying not to be crabby.

I’m working at the kitchen, just making the usual cookies, scones, cheese souffles, pepperoni breads, and cinnamon rolls.  It seems that for the next few weeks, everyone seems to be on a diet of some kind; trying to shed all those unwanted pounds.

I’ll just keep replenishing our baked goods and hold off trying out new recipes like introducing a new cookie or scone or cake loaves. I figure, give it a few weeks and then the customers start to buy and ask for some different baked goods. Then I will return to my baking mode and try out a few ideas and recipes because, let’s face it, by February, everyone is back to eating and sampling all those delicious sweets at Erin’s Deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment