Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Food Truck




Mary's Sweets and More...

Sometimes I wish that I was younger. If that wish came true, and I woke up younger tomorrow, I would do something different with my life.  If I woke up in a different time, I would buy myself a Food Truck and sell baked goods from it.

I’m not a professional baker. I have been helping my daughter out in her catering kitchen for a few years. First as her cleaner. After a time, I helped her prepare her foods, maybe cut up the fruits, vegetables, and cheeses. As I got a little better, I was allowed to make the fruit trays, cheese and meat trays, and the vegetable trays. This played well into my creative vein and I have to admit I did a great presentation of whatever foods I displayed. There were also times that I made her salads, lasagnas, meat loaves. I would do this her way and follow her recipes and instructions

The last couple of years, I stepped up and have been baking for her catering events and for her downtown Deli. To be honest, I have to say that I enjoy working alone in her kitchen. Being alone helps me to concentrate on what I am doing. I enjoy baking the regular cookies and scones. I also like to try out new recipes for cookies, scones, cupcakes, and cake loaves. It helps to get feedback from her customers and find out if they enjoy the ‘sweets’. Occasionally, I get requests for certain different baked goods or for ones that I have never made. Usually, I find a recipe and try them out.

After working for someone else, I get why people want to be their own boss and why they launch their own businesses.

When I see a Food Truck go by, I envision me driving it and my name printed on the side – Mary’s Sweets and More.  Then I sigh and realize maybe just wishing might be enough. Maybe?

1 comment:

  1. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Get Your Food Truck USA

    ReplyDelete