Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Berry-Sage Thumbprints




Yesterday, along with my regular baking, I baked two extra sweet treats for a women’s event for 45.

I made Dried Cherry Scones with chocolate chips and white chips. After mixing the dough, I made a rectangular log and made cuts in it straight across. Then I cut three mini scones from each of the cuts. I ended up with 54 mini scones.

I placed the scones on a cookie sheet and sprinkled each with sanding sugar. I placed the sheet trays in the Walk In refrigerator to get firm. I pulled them out and baked them. When the scones cooled down, I made vanilla icing, thinned it out, and I drizzled each scone with it. I’ll be honest, I was starving and grabbed one of the scones and sampled it. They were so good that I decided next week I would make full sized ones for the Erin's Deli.

I checked that job off and went to my next one. I needed to make 6 dozen Berry-Sage Thumbprint Cookies.  I tripled the recipe, mixed everything, and used the small ice cream scooper. I place a dozen of the dough balls on each cookie sheet. My next step was to use my knuckle to make an indent and then I put the blackberry preserves in a pastry bag, and filled each indent.

I placed the sheets in the Walk In and when I was ready, I baked them for 10 minutes and let them cool on the racks.

Unfortunately, one of the cookies had the preserves running over the indent.

Fortunately for me, I had to sample it. Yep, it was awesome from the tasty blackberry preserves, to the crunchiness of the cornmeal, and the freshness of the savory sage.

This recipe is easy to make and it is a keeper. The blackberry preserves, cornmeal and fresh savory are the secrets in the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment