Thursday, January 6, 2011

Grandchildren

I spent last year trying to do a half a year of new adventures with a friend. I succeeded in doing that half the time. Then I wrote about regular old every day happenings with humor or some kind of insight. Or if something struck my emotions - I wrote about it with my own spin. I will continue to write about whatever is important to me.

Last year was a long one - all 365 days of it, and I lived through every one of those days. Some days were uppers and other days were downers. I was happy to see the year come to an end and eager to see what the New Year will bring.

One thing that the New Year will bring for me, will be my 15th grandchild. Right now, I have 14 healthy grandchildren, 11 granddaughters, and three grandsons. Each one is special, and my relationship with each is good. All my grandchildren live here in Pittsburgh, and I see them often. I babysit some regularly and others sparingly. They are unique individuals and range in ages from 14 years to 7 months. I have been on vacations with them, have gone bowling, miniature golf, Chuck E. Cheese, the zoo, museums, to the movies, out to eat, and attended a lot of birthday parties. Along the way, I have been invited to their school plays, or programs, watched them play basketball, soccer, baseball, t-ball, and football. My hope is to be around a long time to see them grow and be able to participate more in their lives.

I will be eager to see May come because that's when the newest grandchild will be born. For whatever its worth - there is always room for one more, regardless if its at the table or in our hearts.

God's gift to grandparents, comes in one long word, grandchildren.

4 comments: