Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sports Card Junction


I have been re-introduced to football and baseball cards, and the nearby local sports card shop, called Sports Card Junction, which happens to be by my house.

 

My grandson, Matthew and his father, usually go to this store. My son has been collecting cards since he was a little kid, and now his son is interested in collecting the cards himself. My grandson has even bought me a few football cards of my favorite team, The Cleveland Browns. I guess we do have this connection of sports cards, along with books, writing and blogging.

 

The other day, on my way home from work, I saw the card shop and decided to check the place out for myself. It is a small shop with two rooms; a small entry way with sports memorabilia and a larger room with sports photos hanging on the walls, and cards – lots and lots of cards in the glass cases, and other cards filed alphabetically in boxes on the counters.

 

I can see why my grandson likes this store. For an almost 12-year-old sports card collector, it would be like a candy addict let loose in a candy store.

 

The owner was friendly enough and we talked a little bit about cards. I actually found a few cards while I was in the shop that I wanted and purchased as a gift for my grandson. I was glad that I finally found the card shop and went into it. But the next time that I go, I’m taking my grandson with me for a different type of experience.

2 comments: