Monday, June 3, 2013

Looking for a Little R & R


After a busy week of working in the Catering Kitchen, I actually looked forward to the long Memorial Day Weekend. All I really wanted to do was give my tired legs and aching feet some good old fashion R & R. They definitely needed a well-deserved vacation from all the standing that I had been doing lately. I just wanted to sit and vegetate, (which I seem to do quite well), even though I read that the more a person sits, the more chances that person has of dying sooner. Despite that warning…I sat.

 

But none of that happened. My daughter probably heard about sitting too much and decided to have me help her out in her kitchen. I ended up working in the catering kitchen for another five hours on that Saturday. Then I was gone all Sunday from 8:30am to 8:30 pm.  When I got home, I looked at my messaged and never returned any calls, despite hoping someone would have a cookout and invite me over. Oh yeah…I did go over on Sunday for a small cookout with one of my sons and his family and my daughter and her husband.

 

Luckily, I did find myself writing for a few hours at Panera’s with my writing friend on Monday, Memorial Day. So that counted for my vegging out, except I had to think as I wrote. My thumbs hurt from all that food cutting preparation, but my feet were sitting and they were happy about that.

 

So---I guess I did get a little bit of R & R, and I am alive to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment