Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Granddaughters Sleepover at Grandma's House


A few weeks ago, three of my older granddaughters stayed over for a sleepover. Having a 12-year-old and two, 13-year-olds sleep over is a lot different from having them sleepover when they were younger.

 

When they were younger we would play one game after another, I would make popcorn and we would watch a special movie. Eventually, after they went to bed, I would have to keep going into the bedroom and tell them to – “be quiet,” “turn off the light,” “settle down,” “go to sleep!”

 

But this time it was different. The girls hadn’t been together for a long time. They wanted to hang out and talk to one another. They set up their own game, Hedbanz and got to be goofy and downright silly. All I seemed to have to do was make sure the refrigerator and the pantry was stocked with food. They could eat whatever they wanted to eat.

 

At a certain time – I said good night and went upstairs and read. I know they were a little bit loud but then that is what kids do at a sleepover. They did have fun and didn’t go to bed too early or too late. They exhausted themselves from talking and laughing.

 

For me – I had a good night’s sleep and the next morning, we all enjoyed our choice of doughnuts that I bought for them that morning. As for more sleepovers at Grandma’s house – I’m in.

No comments:

Post a Comment