Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Time Stood Still


Who thought time would come to a halt and not because of a snow day? Time stopped, schools were cancelled, as were a whole lot of other businesses and activities. All this because of frigid temperatures, which seemed to have touched our state,  and  most of the other 50 states across the U.S. Frigid temperatures have halted life as we know it, grounded airplanes and stranded travelers; travelers who are now stuck in the airports which has become their home away from the comfort and warmth of their own home.

 

The frigid weather has temporarily silenced the global warming critics. Oddly, the frigid temperature would have killed off the dinosaurs if they had still been around.

 

Usually on snow days, kids would be out in the snow making snowmen, snow forts, having snow ball fights, sledding or making snow angels. The frigid temperature has kept the children inside their homes. It kept me up in my bedroom, the warmest part of my house, snuggling under a blanket and catching up on all my missed television programs.

 

The only time I ventured out from my warm space was to go into my frigid kitchen for food. Every window that I passed by, and even my front door felt like a freezer. I could feel the cold air inside. It wasn’t until I was in my kitchen that I realized how cold it really was outdoors. My kitchen was freezing. Looking through my small kitchen window, I actually saw frost on the inside of the wood and the lock. I scrapped it off with my finger nail and proceeded to find some food.

 

Armed with my food and hot chocolate, I quickly retreated to the warmth of my bedroom, thankful that I didn’t live in an igloo. Thankful that tomorrow would be warmer and one day closer to spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment