Monday, February 10, 2014

Ford Escape - High Impact Blue

I never bought my own car. I never picked one out all by myself. When I was married, my spouse would pick out the car, color, interior and whatever else he wanted in the car. But this time, after I drove my Ford Explorer on its final journey and the mileage read over 114,000 miles – the car finally gave out and I finally decided it was time to replace it.

I looked at car ads and then went on the computer and finally decided on a Ford Escape. I have driven a Ford and they never caused me problems. I still have my 1999 Ford Mustang, a car which I love. But now, I needed a car that could handle the Pennsylvanian winters. I needed and wanted a sturdy SUV but not a big one, and I wanted 4-Wheel Drive, with heated seats!

That night I went to the Ford Dealer with one of my sons. We sat there and looked at two of the Ford Escapes in the brochure. We both liked what we saw, and decided that the Escape Titanium was the model to go with.

Three days later, I went back up to the Ford Dealership with another son to work out the financial deal, on a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium model. When we parked our car, right outside the showroom door was the brand new Ford Escape, waiting for me. The Impact Blue color that I had chosen was washed and shiny, under the warm January sun.


We made our sales pitch and all agreed on a price, I signed all the necessary papers, paid for the car, and I drove it home. This was the first car that I bought for myself! I felt like a grown up for the first time in my life. This is a car that I will value more than any other, well with the exception of my green Mustang, Longstreet! And no…I have no name for my Ford Escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment