Tuesday, May 6, 2014

One Apron for Another

I officially planted up the last shipment of plants on Good Friday. Somehow, I can’t believe my job at the Greenhouse is over. I have to say it took a few days to get back into the rhythm of the job and overcome the obstacle of being on my feet for a few hours. But now I retired my brown LMS Greenhouse apron for another apron to work at my daughter’s catering kitchen.

 I actually no longer use her white catering aprons because when I am finished with working, the apron and I look like the comic strip character Pig Pen from Charlie Brown. So, instead, I bring in my aprons from home, like my blue and white striped ones or my black one and use that to work in. All of my work aprons look like a slob has worked in them. I am not a slob but I use my aprons to wipe off my hands so you can pretty much figure out what I have been working on…plants, pasta sauce, spinach dip, potato salad, fruit and vegetable cuttings and more. Sometimes, I even have food going up on my arms, as well as the plant soil that I have been working on. I have to work with a bib apron. I could never imagine not using an apron at all.

I haven’t worked in the kitchen since last December, despite a day or two this month. Like the greenhouse, I have to find my kitchen rhythm. I worked the past three days, and found that I wasn’t sore or exhausted. My only problem was that I didn’t feel like I was working fast enough. It’ll take a while but I’m sure everything will come back as to how to do certain things, the quickness and being able to stand on my feet for a few hours.

All in all, I kind of missed the kitchen work. Unlike the greenhouse, I can sample all the good food and pastries that is being prepared, especially the delicious scones, cookies and breads. Bring them on, Katie!


I also have missed blogging about the kitchen…so there will be more Food Blogs from me.

3 comments:

  1. From Matt - "There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing you is like being in the Twilight Zone...;) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing you is like being in the Twilight Zone...;) !

    ReplyDelete