Thursday, May 8, 2014

Quest for a Soccer Ball



Soccer – I never played the sport. But I watched plenty of soccer games during my lifetime. My kids played soccer from when they were in first grade. They played throughout grade school and in high school. My oldest daughter played soccer in an adult league and I watched a number of her games.

Now my grandchildren are playing soccer and of course I have seen a few of their games. The topic of soccer brings me to the soccer ball and the reason for my Blog. My one granddaughter, Mika is on two different soccer teams. She loves Lionel Messi and has his jersey. Lionel Messi is an Argentinian, who plays soccer and is arguably one of the best players and one of the most prolific scorers.

But back to the soccer ball. Mika saw a fantastic soccer ball and expressed her desire to have it. I told her that I would get it for her, for her birthday. She described it and wrote the description down on a piece of paper…a black 2014 FIFA World Cup ball. That seemed easy enough to find at Dick’s. The one by my house didn’t have it but the clerk called the Cranberry Dick’s and they had three of those soccer balls. I drove out to Cranberry to pick up the one that they were holding for me.


Wow…it was some soccer ball. It was shiny black with the writing 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil. There were also 20 small flag nationality flags; the USA was one of those flags that encircled the ball. I assume those were the teams that played for the World Cup Soccer League. Along with the flags there was some colorful art work on the ball.




I purchased the size 5 soccer ball. I have to say that it is beautiful. Almost too beautiful to kick around. I don’t know if she is going to use it or just put it on display in her bedroom. All I know is that it is an awesome ball and I can’t wait to give it to her as a birthday present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment