Saturday, July 26, 2014

Destin, Florida and More...




It seemed to take more hours than I thought possible on the 2nd day drive to Florida. I should have looked at a map. Most of our clothes were dried. We shoved more bags into the back of the Van with an expletive or two, and another warning, “Be careful when you open the back door!”

There were a lot of traffic lanes and a lot of traffic throughout Atlanta that would make our roads in Pennsylvania that would make the number of cars on our roads looks like small peanuts. (Speaking of peanuts, I forced our driver to stop at a road side to buy ‘Fresh Boiled Peanuts’ and Sweet Georgia Peaches. By the way – Georgia does have Red Clay.

My son is quite talented, too, as he managed to pump gas and brush his teeth at the same time at the BP pumps.


Some of the gems that I gleaned along the long drive:

Little kids seldom sleep.


I now know every line and song from Shrek 1 & 2 and from Tangled.

My grandson loves to say Trucks and throwing all four of his pacifiers around. He has a strong throwing arm as well!

My granddaughters blocked out everything because of their music and headphones.

Make sure to bring along a number of Fedoras for every occasion.


I saw lots of historical makers and Southern flags and large crosses on the grassy hills.

I would also lose a contact and my camera would break.

After 7-1/2 hours we made it still smiling and happy to be at our vacation house in Destin Beach.


The house was cute and spacious with a pool and pool house, where I stayed with my two teenage granddaughters.

2 comments:

  1. From Matt - Who's the little kid in the picture? Am I related to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Noah...Uncle Mike's little boy. So, you are related...first cousins.

    ReplyDelete