Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Slept with Don Draper


The first time I saw Mad Men, a series on the AMC channel, I fell in love with the main character, Don Draper. Draper is hot and cool and a real man. His hair is perfect, even his frown is perfect, and he is just the perfect package as the total man. My youngest daughter hooked me on this series, It takes place in the 60s in an advertising agency. Don Draper is the top Ad Man. Of course he has a perfect beautiful wife and three perfect children. In spite of everything that is perfect on the outside...there is a deep dark secret that surrounds Draper. I am not going to go into that but trust me, the secret is interesting, but Draper is hot. Of course the real actor that plays Draper is a hunk of a man by the name of Jon Hamm.

In the third season of Mad Men...Draper loses his family, his wife, his girlfriend, and his old job at the Ad Agency. Draper cheated on his wife throughout their marriage. In the last episode, Draper's wife, Betty, is seen flying off with someone else to get her divorce, while Draper and a few of his old colleagues are going to start their own agency. Good luck! I know he won't need it because he is the golden man with the golden sell.

Let's face it, when I first started to watch the show, I hated Draper for how he treated his marriage, and for all those extramarital affairs. But the odd thing is I didn't really hate Draper. There is something about him that I really like. Maybe it is his vulnerability. Underneath all that cool, there is his painful secret.

It I were married to a man that cheated on me, I would have shown him the frying pan, and then the door. But now that I am no longer married, and Draper is no longer married, I decided to get in line with all the other tramps and have my turn with Draper. So, I did what every red blooded woman would, I slept with Draper. What can I say but underneath it all...he is a real cool man. And his hair never gets messed up. Can't wait for season four to be aired on Sunday, July 25, and to see where Draper is headed, and who will be the lucky women to land him. Okays, so the life size Don Draper in bed with me is a cardboard one, thanks to my daughter, who gave it to me for a Christmas present. All I can say is that a girl has to have some fun!

If you have ever seen Mad Men, Don Draper or Jon Hamm...you know what I mean. I bet your would flip for all three.

3 comments:

  1. The picture looks so funny! From Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture...what the guy isn't real. OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get that? looking for one for my friend and can't find them anywhere >_<

    ReplyDelete