Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Eggs

This year, I boiled two dozen eggs, so that we could decorate them for Easter. Of course, one fell on the floor, with the yolk leaving a gooey mess, leaving 23 eggs to boil. By the time we got around to decorating them, there were 20 eggs. Someone ate three hard-boiled eggs.

Whatever happened to the easy method of coloring eggs? I think that only happens in books, movies or commercials. My granddaughter settled on the box of marbleized looking eggs. My son filled the cups up with the colored tablets, water, vinegar and vegetal oil. For me, this was the beginning of a good salad dressing. My son, granddaughter and grandson each colored an egg. They couldn’t just leave the eggs in the colored solution; they had to constantly stir them around. The eggs turned out ugly.

We started over and opened the second box of Easter egg coloring, put the colored tables in a cup, along with water and vinegar. Aahh, that was more like it…back to our old ways. We were tired and crabby with one another. My grandson knocked one of the containers with the blue color over onto the table, and his father yelled at him.

In the end, we colored the remainder of the 17 eggs, my grandson and granddaughter’s hands, along with the two sturdy tied dyed paper towels, and all the newspapers that we had spread out on the kitchen table.

I took a few pictures of my grumpy son and his family. All in all after Easter, we will have some memorable pictures, and some delicious deviled eggs, if the group doesn’t continue to eat the hard boiled ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment