Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Virus Alert

Last year my computer was hacked and I wrote about it. It was a pain and an inconvenient mess. I spent hours trying to get into my old email account and with the help of my daughter…we were successful in recovering it. My address book was hijacked and I lost all my email addresses. I opened a new email account. I spent hours on the phone changing my savings and checking account numbers, and getting Equifax protection. It was a long process for everything.

Now – some genius sent me a Virus. It infected my entire computer and it did enough damage that I had to call in a computer man from SECURA Desktop Management. Aaron Ondish is part of SECURA’s technical support team, which is a part of a business network that my daughter belongs to. Aaron works on my daughter’s business computer system, so she passed his name on to me.
Aaron didn’t have to remove the virus. The nasty little thing came, damaged my programs by taking away my ability to execute the commands to open them. The virus probably made its way to other people’s computers, to do some more major damage. Aaron was able to back up all my files, save them, and then cleaned up the computer, and put back all the things in the files that he saved.

All I wanted was my computer to be saved and to get it up and running. Since I am a freelance writer, I depend on my computer. When Aaron was finished with the job, I was happy. He actually downloaded a free Anti Virus for the computer. He explained that no computer is protected and if someone wants to get into it and do their damage they can figure it out. What a pain…for the innocent people who need their computers and use them for work. There is always some jerk that has nothing better to do but send out viruses or hack into other people’s computer systems. I hope there is a special place for the people who hack into other people systems and spread their viruses, when they leave this world.
My computer worked after a time. I had to get a hold of the Microsoft Office program to be able to do my work. My son did this for me…he retrieved that program thrhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifough my laptop. I had to re-install the printer after Aaron did because when the Microsoft Office program was downloaded, it un-installed the printer. By the time everything was working…it was a total of six days before everything was up and running. Let’s just say that I am relieved and happy.

If you are in the Pittsburgh area and need your computer fixed, I highly recommend SECURA, Desktop Management. Aaron Ondish knows his stuff. He is courteous, competent and in my mind a computer guru. Contact (www.securadesktop.com). Trust me, you will not be disappointed if you do. Aaron Ondish won’t make you feel stupid with whatever question you ask or whatever response you give.

If I had eight more thumbs, Aaron and SECURA would get 10 Thumbs Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment