Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend with my Granddaughter

The weekend lightened my dark mood. I was going to pick up my oldest granddaughter from her job and then I would spend the weekend with her at her house. My son and his wife and youngest daughter went camping for the weekend.

Friday night, we spent our time watching the cooking network – enjoying the Iron Chef show and the Cupcake show where three pasty chefs try to outdo each other and make it as the cupcake chef at the Oscar Show.

Saturday, we got up and watched a few more cooking shows before heading out of the house. We went to Dick’s for a school backpack and then to Office Max for school supplies. We stopped at my one son’s new house, Barnes and Noble for books, drinks and pastries, Pizza shop to pick up a pizza and sandwich to take to my oldest son’s house and see his and his wife’s new baby.

Later that evening we went out for a Chinese dinner before seeing a movie. Throw in going to Borders to look for deals at their “going out of business” sale. After all of that, we went home and went to bed.

Sunday was more of the same. I went to breakfast with one of my daughters, while my granddaughter stayed home, and ate the Chinese leftovers. Eventually the three of us went to a fun store called Five Below, where everything is $5.00 and under. It’s a store for kids but even my adult daughter and I bought a few things for ourselves – nail polishes, and some DVDs.

Another stop at Borders, where we all found more books to buy. After we killed enough time, we headed to the show to see a movie. Afterwards, I dropped my daughter off at her house and then said goodbye to my granddaughter as I dropped her off at home.

All in all, it was a busy weekend, a bit out of my ordinary weekends. It was a fun way to spend a “one-on-one” weekend with my oldest granddaughter. I have already been booked for a week in February to stay with my oldest granddaughter and her younger sister, while my son and his wife to go on a cruise. You can be sure I will blog about that week. But more important, besides being with my granddaughters, I can’t wait to sleep on my son and daughter in law’s comfortable mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment