Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Blank Writing Books

Buying a white covered 8x11-1/2 blank book shouldn’t be that hard. But for me it became my quest of sorts.

Before a few of the stores closed in the area where I live, there was a school supply store called Holcombs. Since they carried every imaginable school supply, the store became one that I frequented a lot.

That was the store where I found small and large hard covered books. They were white books with 28 pages inside. The book had exactly the same amount of pages in found in a professionally published children’s’ book, for a budding author to write and illustrate his or her own book.

I would purchase a number of these books and gave one or two away as a present to my grandson, Matthew, who loved to write his own stories and illustrate them, too. I even found those blank books in a kit at Target. I bought them as well and would put them away for later use. I stored them for a later time when I would need them. Then the school store closed, and Target stopped carrying the book kits. At least I had a few of those hard covered books squirreled away.

I started to look for those hard covered books everywhere. On my computer, I Googled blank white covered books, and ordered some but they were never the right ones. One day as I was looking at the back of one of the older books that I had, I noticed a SKU number and a name – Ashley. I typed in the name, and blank hard covered books and I was rewarded with a site on Amazon for Ashley books. I found exactly what I was looking for, and ordered a few of the blank white covered books. I now have a source to buy more of these books.

I hope the books will be around for a long time. All I know is my grandson has his own library of books that he has designed and written by himself. Besides giving him more blank books, I am planning on keeping enough for me, so that I can write a story about each one of my grandchildren and put photos in them.

Maybe some day if I’m lucky, my grandson will write a story about his tenacious grandmother, who never gave up searching for 8x11-1/2 white hard covered blank books.

Anyway , I did pat myself on the back for a job well done.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma thanks for those books I'm actually have begun working on one. Can't wait to give it to you. From your grandson Matt.

    ReplyDelete