Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Writing

Writing for me is as essential as eating. I love to eat and therefore, I love to write and need to do both on a daily basis to survive. Everyday, I write in my journal. A lot of the time my journal writing holds the key to my other writing.

I do work on my Blog (http://ayearoutsidethepython.blogspot.com). My subject matters vary. I am a random person and my writing covers three main topics: family, working at my daughter’s catering kitchen, and any topic that strikes my fancy at the present. Those topics vary from what irritates me, makes me happy, and makes me laugh, or makes me shake my head in disbelief. Sometimes, I write about my favorites – people, movies, sports, books, and more.

Right now, I am working on a book. After three years, my magazine article in Primo Magazine has been published. Just seeing my story, the photos and my by-line in print, has fueled and energized my writing. I have e-published my first book on Amazon for Kindle and it can also be purchased through the Barnes and Noble site for the Nook. The name of my first book is The Doctors’ Wives. Presently, I am working on the sequel to that book.

While working on my book, I usually average from 5-10 pages of writing a day. Once I do that I go over my writing and make corrections and additions. Eventually, I will go back over my story and add more descriptions of the people and the scenery. I find that with this book, I have grown extremely fond of my characters. They are a part of me as is the story.

Actually, I have written three other books with more ideas of other books and stories to follow, along with my Blog, and journal writing. Whatever happens, I know one thing, I am a writer with a lot to say and I will continue to work on my own or as a freelance writer.

Bottom line – I write because I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment