Thursday, May 24, 2012

April Shower...

April showers not only bring floods and May flowers, but by my calculations and looking at my calendar, April brings at least 22 birthdays. At least 20 of the birthdays are for my family and two are for a few friends. Sometimes there are a couple of birthdays in the same week and sometimes some of the celebrations are on the same day. I calculate that in May there are 6 birthdays, June, 6; July, 5, and August 5. That’s a lot of birthdays. It is also a lot of gifts, cards, greetings, wrapping paper, parties, food, ice cream and cake! By the time August ends, I definitely hate listening to the Happy Birthday song and eating that birthday cake!



After August, I have a break, but a few other birthdays occur in October and November. Then along comes November and I start my Christmas shopping for my 9 children, 5 daughters-in-law,1 son- in- law, my daughter’s fiancĂ©e, 17 grandchildren, and a few friends. That’s a lot of shopping and wrapping gifts, and it takes quite a while to haul all those presents downstairs for our Christmas Eve celebration.



But right now, I’m too exhausted from thinking about all of this and I need to sit down and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment