Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Mustang - Longstreet

Its spring, and time to get my Mustang inspected, an oil change, and take to the open roads. When I was young, my father promised me a new Mustang, every year, if I didn’t get married. Looking back I would have loved that classic 1964 Mustang. And it would have been red. Of course if I took the Mustang – I wouldn’t have had my beautiful children and all my grandchildren. Anyway, that is water over the dam.



In 1999, when my last child graduated from high school, my then husband bought me a Celtic green colored Mustang. Wow – who knew that I could have it all? Well, I couldn’t. My husband became my ex. But I still have that cool Mustang. Despite being 13-years-old, it still looks great, and it has almost 40,000 miles on it. It’s a sweet looking ride.



I love starting up the car because the motor roars like a Mustang. While driving on the turnpike, it is hard not to hit 85 miles per hour. It is a smooth ride. But once in a while it bucks. Hey – it’s a Mustang.



Like a history nerd, I gave my Mustang a name – Longstreet. One would quibble that my car is named after a southern general, James Longstreet, who I happen to have read every history book written about him. I admire him for being a great military general and tactician on the battle field. Instead of choosing the name of his horse, Hero, I named my car for the General that I happen to admire!

No comments:

Post a Comment