Friday, January 4, 2013

Goodbye to the Old...Hello to the New


The old year, 2012, is officially gone. It’s now in the past. In retrospect, it was a pretty good year. It was a year that I had an article with photos published in a magazine. I have also been a bit successful with my novel that I published on the Amazon site and the Barnes and Noble site. I did finish writing another novel, A Leap of Faith; a follow up to my first novel, The Doctors’ Wives. I hope to have that edited, a book jacket designed and published on both sites. I also finished a non-fiction book and another novel for children. More editing and designing is needed for these two books.

 

Last year, I started back helping my daughter in her catering kitchen once again. I’ve actually been able to work a 6-8 hour day in her kitchen. I feel good about that, as if I accomplished another goal.

 

Now, with the New Year, I have set a few more goals or plans for myself. I want to start to write more and get a few stories published in magazines and more books published. I also plan on seeing my kids more and helping them out whenever they need me.

 

My expectations are set, but not to high so that I can’t fulfill any of them. I already have a few things to look forward to in January. I have my youngest daughter’s wedding coming up, and I am waiting eagerly for the birth of my 18th grandchild.  It looks like there will be a lot more going on in 2013.

1 comment: