Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hiatus in the Kitchen


I look back to how busy my daughter Erin’s catering kitchen was from November on into December. Besides the weddings and Thanksgiving dinners, there were numerous Christmas breakfasts, luncheons, dinner s and parties.

 

The parties came one after another without any let up. Sometimes they were scattered and other times there were two to three a day. Needless to say there was a lot of preparation that went into each one. There would be appetizers, fruit trays, vegetable trays, cheese trays and antipasto trays. I would let my creative imagination run wild. I now can make a good Boursin Cheese Spread, use the pastry bag and tip and fill hollowed out cucumbers in no time.

 

But now, everything has slowed down, except for a few lunches and take out orders. December 31st was the last day that I worked in the kitchen. I will have some time off and lan on using most of the time to relax, rest, write some and just enjoy some down time before the kitchen is back and running with events.

 

I am going to be happy for awhile, not working a 6-8 hour day, where I stand on the hard floor. I know for a fact that even my aching thumbs will be happy and well rested along with my happy feet and legs.

2 comments:

  1. Time to meet an old friend for coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to meet up with you. I am preparing for my youngest daughter's wedding on January 12th and then I am game for coffee with you!!!

    ReplyDelete