Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sharing Books


Reading and sharing books with my grandchildren are my passion. Not just me telling them about a good book but my grandchildren sharing their favorite books with me. I enjoy reading some of the good books that they recommend.

 

I read all the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and shared those with my older granddaughters. I even read all the J.R. Tolkien books and most of the Harry Potter books. After reading the first few pages of the Twilight series, I skipped the rest. Then I read The Hunger Games, but passed on the other two books in that series.

 

I’ve re-read the classics and then passed on a few of those books to my grandchildren. While looking through one of my writing magazines, I read a review of a new book for middle school readers and then bought it on my Kindle. The book was Midnight at Moonglow’s by K. C. Sherwood.  I was totally enchanted with it and loved it and got my granddaughter to purchase it on her Kindle. In return, my granddaughter told me about a book that she just read called, Behind the Bedroom Wall, by Laura Williams. It was a story about hiding Jewish people during the Holocaust.

 

It is fun to read and share books with my grandchildren. Books are one of those special connections that we have and will continue to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment