Thursday, July 11, 2013

My International Week


One of my son’s went on a family vacation with his wife and daughter. His oldest daughter, stayed at home to work. And that’s where I come into the story. I volunteered to stay with my granddaughter. It was a pretty good, fun-filled week.

 

The first night we went to a local Chinese restaurant for dinner. The next day, I attended a family birthday party, while Hannah went to a graduation party and bonfire. Sunday, Hannah worked and I managed to entertain myself.
 
 

 

One day, we went to the bookstore, a show and of course we ate lunch/dinner at Red Robins – Yum! We fit in a visit to hang out with my six grandchildren and got invited back for the next night to celebrate one of their birthdays with a cookie cake and ice cream.


 

Another day we went to the Museum, despite that I took a wrong turn; we did get to our destination. We met up with one of my other son’s and his three children and toured the Museum together.

In between, Hannah and I either watched some interesting shows on television, like the American Pickers, and the History Channel. I did learn some interesting facts from the history channel shows. Or we read our own books. Since we were on our own vacation, we decided to eat out and we covered American cuisine, Chinese, Italian and Mexican. It was our salute to each nationality.

 
 

Neither one of us went away on vacation. But, I think both Hannah and I took our own vacation here with each other, along with some of our favorite snack foods. Besides, Hannah’s a pretty cool person to hang out with.

2 comments: