Monday, July 1, 2013

Writing Again


It has been a very long time since I have worked on any stories for a magazine article or another book, other than writing in my journal or blogging. That seems to be all the writing that I have been doing lately. I email daily to a high school friend and writer. We have been able to help each other out when our writing is going well and when our writing seems to have dried up.

 

Blogging is fun and it keeps me writing. What frustrates me the most is wondering if anyone reads my blogs? I do get a few Likes, or comments. Some of these are through Facebook and sometimes someone will comment directly on my blog page.

 

But – the other day, I found a file with my paper copy of a book that I have been working on, The Cook’s Apprentice. There were 32 pages that I had typed up. On the pages were notes, corrections, ideas, and expansion for the book. I read it and decided that I liked what I had written. I also figured out that with all the additional comments that I had written in the margin, I could easily expand the manuscript to 50 pages. With adding the food blogs that I wrote, I had even more pages to add to the book.

 

I put all my papers back into a folder, and started to work on this book again. It’s exciting once again to be working on my writing. My writers block seems to have lifted and I’m back in front of my computer working on another book. And that is a very good feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment