Friday, August 16, 2013

Cafe Raymond - in The Strip


When you go to The Strip, breakfast seems on top of your list of things to do. People go early, line up outside restaurants like Pamela’s, De Lucca’s, and Kelly O’s. They give their name or wait their turn. They stand in the heat or the cold, waiting for an open table and to be seated for one of the restaurants hardy meals. To be honest the food is good but they serve their patrons’ way too much food but no one seems to care.

 

My daughter and I decided to try a different restaurant in The Strip…Café Raymond. It’s a small restaurant with tables inside and outside. But, the breakfast was delicious and just the right amount. I have seen their omelets and quiches and they both look delicious. But both times that I have eaten there, I ordered their French toast. It is the lightest, most delicious French toast, sprinkled with powdered sugar, fresh puree strawberries, whole blue berries and generous amount of real whipped cream. The first time that I had this breakfast, I tasted it in my mind for a week and couldn’t wait until I went back to the café. The second time that I ordered it…I was still amazed at how light, fresh, and delicious it was. I was also amazed that I ate everything and didn’t feel stuffed.

 

When you enter the café, a guest needs to claim their table and then go up to the counter and place their order and pay. The food, when ready, is brought out to you by a server. All you have to do is enjoy your meal.

 

I have come to love Café Raymond. After I eat there, I walk away satisfied and comfortable. Unlike when I eat at the other restaurants, I walk away from those places overstuffed and totally uncomfortable. Long after I have eaten at Café Raymond…I still remember the delicious breakfast that I have eaten, and long to return for another enjoyable Sunday morning breakfast.

 

If you have never been to Café Raymond’s, take a look at their website: (www.caferaymond.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment