Sunday, September 14, 2014

Chronological Order

In writing, there is s such a thing called chronological order. A writer starts from the beginning, and finishes the story in a logical order, until the end.

I love to read. A number of years ago, I started to read Michael Connelly’s books. After picking up his first book, I was hooked. Connelly used to write for the newspapers in Daytona Beach and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, primarily covering the crime beat, before he started to write his books. He writes police thrillers, with his major character being LA Detective Harry Bosch. Connelly also writes a few books focusing on two different characters like Terry McCaleb, retired FBI profiler, or Mickey Haller, lawyer. Hieronymous Bosch (Harry Bosch) was named by his mother after the famous Dutch painter of the same name, born in the 15th Century.

These are not your average thrillers. They are well written and always appear on the best seller book list. Actually, Connelly’s style is lyrical, with a comfortable style. He is definitely up there with other good writers.

After reading my first book, I read the rest of his books, one after the other. I didn’t bother to read them in their chronological order until halfway through my reading selection. The books have been published from 1992, until 2014. Since 2001, Connelly has published a book a year.

I miss Harry Bosch and now, I have to wait a year between books! So, I decided that since I miss Harry Bosch, and Connelly’s writing, I would read his books over again, starting in their chronological order.

Right now, I am reading his third book. Just in case you’re interested, try reading Michael Connelly’s books in their chronological order:
The Black Echo (1992)
The Black Ice (1993)
The Concrete Blonde (1994)
The Last Coyote (1995)
The Poet (1996) Featuring Jack McEvoy and Rachel Walling
Trunk Music (1997)
Blood Work (1998) Featuring Terry McCaleb
Angels Flight (1999)
Void Mood (2000) (Featuring Cassie Black)
A Darkness More Than Night (2001) Featuring Bosch, McCaleb, McEvoy
City of Bones (2002)
Chasing the Dime (2002) Featuring Henry Pierce
Lost Light (2003)
The Narrows (2004)
The Closers (2005)
The Lincoln Lawyer (2005) Featuring Mickey Haller and Bosch
Echo Park (2006)
The Overbrook (2007)
The Brass Verdict (2008)
The Scarecrow (2009)
Nine Dragons (2009)
The Reversal (2010)
The Fifth Witness (2011)
The Drop (2011)
The Black Box (2012)
The Gods of Guilt (2013)

The Burning Room (November, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment