Monday, October 27, 2014

Sleepovers - Now




Lately, I have been trying to have my grandchildren here for a sleep over at my house. The grandkids are always asking to stay over. So I decided to have one or two or sometimes three of the grandkids stay over-night on the weekends.

One on one is better because I can zero in on that grandchild. Usually with just one grandchild, I can let them decide what they want to do or where they want to go. I usually have special snacks that they like. I also take them to Barnes and Noble, or Target, or Five Below to choose a few things that they like and want.

We play board games and card games. Maybe we rent a kids movie On Demand, or watch a special movie or program that my grandchild wants to watch. I let the grandchild or grandchildren stay up a little bit later at night. The next morning, I usually make them pancakes with sprinkles or chocolate chips, along with bacon. After breakfast, we play more games until I take them home.

Having one grandchild stay over, allows us to talk to one another. With two grandchildren, one has to give in to the other. And with three, it is just a bit more chaotic.

So far, I have had nine grandchildren over for a sleep over. I have quite a few more that haven’t had a sleep over yet, but I plan on it.

It is kind of fun being grandma and having a one-on-one sleepover with my grandkids. I really do get a kick 

out of it. And it reminds me of the old days when 

2 comments: