Monday, May 4, 2015

Erasers



These days, I seem to be in a writing slump. I decided I needed a change and that was when I pulled out a few pencils, sharpened them, and then decided to work on my stories. I was hoping this change would jump start my writing and get my creative juices flowing. When I write, I either use a yellow pencil or the computer. Since I am using pencils…I wanted more than just the natural ones or the yellow colored pencils. I grabbed my box and pulled out ones with designs on them, like flowers, geometric designs, glittery ones (my favorite), ones with footballs, baseballs or soccer balls, or Christmas and Halloween designs. The yellow or natural looking pencils have started to bore me and maybe that is why I haven’t been writing much, lately.

But, whatever pencil I use, I definitely choose pencils with a gray or white eraser on top. I like how they remove my mistakes and they don’t leave a smudge mark on the paper. No one would ever be aware that I have made a mistake because that gray/white eraser removes all the evidence.

The red eraser or the pink ones, seems to leave an unsightly mess like a big black smudge. Now, everyone knows I made a mistake and can even see what the mistake was because it’s still lightly there on the paper.

Anyway, who would have ever though those erasers would make a difference? I didn’t but I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment