Monday, April 27, 2015

You Really Don't Know a Person



Someone once told me, “You don’t really know a person.” I have thought about that a lot. Once I didn’t believe that statement but circumstances and life changes have made me realize that my friend was right.

I truly believe everyone hides a part of what makes them who they are. I think people carry and hide certain feelings, beliefs, and secrets deep down inside of them.

People don’t always express their true feelings. To be honest, I don’t. I try not to. I have kept certain secrets and thoughts private. On the outside I am a nice person and will do anything that I can to help my family and friends, even when it is hard or inconvenient. Even in my conversations, I don’t express totally how and what I really feel. I keep those thoughts in my journal and eventually, I throw that journal away. So, when people say – “I know the real you,” I just smile and think - No you don’t.

It’s okay not to reveal everything about yourself. There are some things a person keeps private and they don’t want to share. I know that is how I feel and what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment