Sunday, June 26, 2016

My Biography by Matt, my Grandson







I finally got to read the biography that my grandson, Matt, wrote about me. Here is the picture that he used for the cover. Yes, that is me, grandma, with a cardboard cut out of Don Draper, in bed. This was used for one of my older blogs. I should be embarrassed but I am not. Now here is the biography.

My oldest grandson, Matt, interviewed me a number of times. It seemed to take him quiet a long time to actually write and finish the biography about me. It amused me at times, where I laughed out loud quite a few times. Other times, I was touched and moved by what Matt had written about me. Since he wrote it, I have to believe he meant it.

The laughter came when he pointed out that I was from Cleveland and unfortunately, I was a Browns and Cavs fan. Sorry, I have left Cleveland in the 60s an lived in other places but I can’t shake off the football and basketball teams that I grew up with and cheered on.

What touched me the most was where Matt had written that I was a big influence on him and I made him a better person. I also was a big influence on him to read and write. I liked that because I am a reader and a writer myself. I also happen to think that Matt is an awesome writer.

I loved how Matt viewed me and wrote about me. It made me feel that besides trying to have an influence on my adult children, I have touched and taught some important lessons to my grandson.

After reading the biography, I decided that my role now as a grandmother is a very important one. I never realized how much influence I could have on my grandchildren.

I am only sorry that I haven’t been able to convert Matt to become a Browns or Cavs fan, yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment