Saturday, June 24, 2017

The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere










While in Concord, after a delicious lunch, we stopped into the Concord Bookstore, on the way to our car. The minute that I stepped into the store,  my eyes fell on a book, on the shelf, that was facing me. It was a slim blue book, Paul Revere’s Ride. Yeah, I know all about Paul Revere’s ride because when I was little my mother would recite the poem to me. I can still remember the first stanza of the poem.

I bought the book because it so reminded me of my mother and my childhood. Outside I opened the book and the first stanza as I remembered it:
                                                   

Listen, my children, and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April in Seventy-five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.



Another link to my childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment