Thursday, September 14, 2017

Before and After





I had a productive baking day at the kitchen. I put my cinnamon rolls in the Proofer to rise. After a few hours, I would bake them, let them cool a bit, and then ice them with the frosting that I made.

While the rolls were in the Proofer, I pulled out the two plastic bags filled with my dry ingredients for the Chocolate Chunk Scones and the Blueberry Scones. I made both and set them aside in bowls. Then I shaped them into triangle scones and put them in the Walk-In to harden.


I made the recipe for the Funfetti cookies. I scooped them out on long sheet trays, and put them in the Walk-In to chill. Then I baked the scones, and eventually baked all the cookies and let them cool on the kitchen rack.


While everything was cooling down, I made banana bars and frosting for the bars and for the scones and rolls.


When everything was done, I wrapped the cookies, put the banana bars in the Walk-In and the scones and rolls in the freezer, on sheet trays. I cleaned up the kitchen, felt a sense of accomplishment as I turned off the light and locked the door, knowing that there would be a lot of tasty pastries that would be going down to Erin’s Deli tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment