Monday, September 18, 2017

I Love Scones






Scones are considered a quick bread or cake. They are made with all-purpose flour or other types of flour. A variety of different ingredients are added and to sweeten the scone, sugar is added. Scones can be made in all different flavors, like Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, Peach, Pumpkin, Lemon, Chocolate Chips and more. The Scone can be glazed or un-glazed. It can be served warm or eaten cold. They usually are shaped in triangles or in circles.


I personally love Scones because they are not too sweet. The Scones that are make for Erin’s Deli (in downtown Pittsburgh) are the usual ones. These are on the menu and are popular with the customers - the Blueberry Scones and the Chocolate Chip Scones.  The other popular scone, that can be called Erin’s signature one… is a Savory Scone of Bacon, Cheddar, and JalapeƱo. At first when I heard about this scone, I made a face. Then I followed the recipe and made them. I tasted one after it was baked. OMG! Yes, it was that good. After one taste, I definitely understood why the customers like this Savory Scone!


I’ve made other scones: Strawberry and White Chips, Peaches and Cream, Lemon, and an Oatmeal with Cranberry and Nuts.

The scones have their own icing. Butter and brown sugar tops the Savory Scone and the Oatmeal Scone. Lemon icing is used for the Lemon Scone. Vanilla Icing is drizzled on the Blueberry and Chocolate Chip Scone.

Now that fall is underway, look for some new fall scones!

No comments:

Post a Comment