Friday, September 8, 2017

Why I Work



Why I Work

I should be content to do nothing. With my spare time, I could read, write, watch television, garden or find a hobby. At my age, most people have already retired. I have always been busy with my family, taking care of my house, and taking care of my nine children and their activities.

Actually, I function better with being busy. Keeping busy is good therapy for me. Personally, for me, working makes me feel valuable and keeps me out of trouble. For a number of years, I worked at a greenhouse. Now, I have been working two days a week at my daughter’s catering kitchen. Since I work two days a week, I get paid for it and it makes me feel good and I feel almost like a ‘pastry chef.’ I am in charge of making the baked goods and a few other items for her downtown Deli and her catering events.

So, thus begins my adventures as a so called Pastry Chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment