Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Aloe Vera to the Rescue



 Thank heavens I had brought in an Aloe Vera plant to the catering kitchen. The Aloe Vera plant is small, green, and a succulent that doesn’t need to be watered, often, and the thick leaves, which contain a sticky substance that can be used for medicinal purposes.

I seldom burn myself. But the past two weeks, I managed to burn my left arm and then my right arm. Both burns hurt and after I swore, and saw stars, I cracked open one of the fat stems and rubbed the gooey substance heavily on my burns. I did this throughout the work day and it helped the burning sensation. Eventually, the red marks went away without leaving a scar.

I hate burns! When I mentioned that to the Chef, my daughter, she suggested that I wear long sleeves. My thought was maybe I should wear armor on my arms but that would be difficult, bulky, hot, and uncomfortable.

Maybe being more careful and having an Aloe Vera plant close at hand is sufficient enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment