Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Brownie with a Kick!


Aaron Sanchez’s Mexican Brownies



For Cinco de May, I found an interesting recipe for Mexican Brownies. The recipe was by a food chef, Aaron Sanchez.

Making the brownie from scratch was simple and fun. What made the brownie delicious were the Mexican cinnamon and the cayenne pepper, which the recipe called for. Chili powder could be used instead of the cayenne pepper. I didn’t have Mexican cinnamon, either, so I used Vietnamese Cinnamon, which was close in taste to the Mexican one. The brownies turned out nice and moist and had a bit of a kick to them, which made them even better.

The first day my daughter put the brownies out to sell at her Deli, she sold 8! I definitely knew that I needed to bake more.

When I sampled a brownie, all I could think of was Mucho Gracias, Aaron Sanchez, and then I promptly made two more trays of the brownies. The brownies are a welcome change at the Deli and they are steadily selling out.

No comments:

Post a Comment