Monday, May 14, 2018

Liz's Gluten Free Brownies




Sometimes, I find myself dragging my feet when I am asked to make a certain recipe. I don’t know if making something new scares me, or I just want to do what I am used to doing. My daughter, the Chef, asked me to make gluten free brownies and I kept putting it off. Then she sent me a hand written recipe and I printed it out and I would bring it into the kitchen.

My daughter told me that she promised the man who gave her the recipe that she would have them baked and brought into her Deli the next day. Before I could tackle the brownies, I needed to purchase potato starch and rice flour. I already had the Xanthan gum that I needed. I found the two products at Whole Foods and promptly drove to the Kitchen to start my baking.

The customer who gave my daughter the recipe assured her that it was the best brownie that he had ever eaten. His wife, Liz, perfected the recipe. Besides following the recipe correctly, he gave us three rules to follow...only make a single recipe, use an 8x8 baking pan, and when the browies were  sold in the Deli to call them  -  Liz’s Brownies.

I read and reread the directions and placed everything on my prep table that I would need. I sprayed the pan, mixed the ingredients, and baked the brownies. When the brownies had cooled, my daughter cut them and both of us sampled a piece. Oh yeah!
            ...they were chocolatey!
...they were moist!
...they were delicious!
I           ...and they were one of the best brownies that we had ever ate!

My only hope was that I did justice to Liz’s Gluten Free Brownies!


No comments:

Post a Comment