Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Gluten Free




My entrance into the world of gluten free has been a slow one and a learning experience for me in the kitchen. Gluten free baking is becoming a part of my work in providing some of the baked goods for the Deli.

Even my Gluten Free vocabulary and knowledge is expanding with the different types of flours, starches and even using Xantham gum, which holds the dough and mixture together.

I even know what grocery store carries the gluten free products that I need to use in my baking. I usually have no trouble finding these products at Whole Foods, which has a really good selection. Even Soergel’s Farm Market carries these products.

The Gluten Free products are kept separate from the other regular products and I usually set aside a day to make strictly gluten free baked goods.

I never imagined I would become an aficionado of Gluten Free but I have. It is easy and everything that I have tackled so far has been a welcome seller at the Deli, like the scones, peanut butter cookies, blueberry loaf cake and Liz’s Brownies. I am looking forward to making more gluten free products.

No comments:

Post a Comment