Saturday, July 14, 2018

My Favorite Scones...




There are two scones that just might be my favorite ones…well, make that three. So, I guess my top three scones would be: Dark Chocolate Chip Scones with Orange Zest, Oatmeal Scones with raisins, cranberries, and chopped nuts, and Bacon, Cheddar, and Jalapeño Scones.

What I love about the Dark Chocolate Scones with Orange Zest is that both the taste of the dark chocolate chips and the orange zest really compliment the flavor of the scone. But it is the vanilla icing with orange zest that completes this scrumptious tasting scone.

As for the Oatmeal Scone – I like to think of it as a healthier scone with the oatmeal, raisins, cranberries and chopped pecan nuts. The top of the scone is brushed with melted butter, honey and brown sugar. I snack on this scone without feeling guilty.

The savory taste of the Bacon, Cheddar and Jalapeño Scone is totally different from the other scones. Who in their right mind doesn’t love bacon? The bacon and cheddar cheese are delicious together but it is the Jalapeño peppers that give this scone a pleasant punch. It brings the heat to the scone and the taste.  The scone is completed with melted butter, honey and brown sugar brushed on the top.

In the future, I will be playing around with other flavors along with the usual big sellers, Blueberry Scones and Chocolate Chip Scones.

Try one of these delicious scones at Erin’s Deli. See which one is your favorite and let us know! Whichever you choose, you won’t be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment