Thursday, July 5, 2018

Snickerdoodle Cookies



I usually made cookies or some type of after school treat for my kids when they were younger. It usually was chocolate chip cookies or a frozen treat of graham cracker sandwiches with chocolate pudding and peanut butter. Both were a big hit. I did make other types of cookies but I never made Snickerdoodle Cookies, until today.

Recently, I decided to make the Snickerdoodle Cookies for Erin's Deli. It was hot in the kitchen, so I made sure that I went in to bake my cookies early, before it got any hotter. I looked over the recipe, and jotted down the amounts of things that I needed after I decided to make 4x the regular recipe. I pulled out the butter, shortening, eggs, sugar, vanilla, flour, salt and the baking soda, and the cream of tartar.

I creamed the butter and shortening together, and then I added the sugar.  After, I added the eggs, vanilla, beat both together,  and added the flour mixture. When everything was mixed, I scraped the dough into another mixing bowl. I used an ice cream scooper, weighed each cookie, rolled them into a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, and placed them on a cookie sheet that had parchment and was sprayed with cooking oil. I placed the sheet in the Walk-In. After about 20 minutes, I transferred the cookies to other cookie sheets and baked them for about 12 minutes, or until they were finished.

I sampled the cookie and was able to send a picture of the Snickerdoodles with a smile and thumbs up to the Chef. The cookies can be purchased at Erin's Deli!



No comments:

Post a Comment