Thursday, July 26, 2018

Steps for Making Scones







First find a good scone recipe. When I make scones for the Deli, I follow a recipe that is in our book and it is doubled.

Mix all ingredients together which includes sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.

Add soft butter to dry ingredients and mix until it gets crumbly.

Add eggs with the lemon juice and mix.

Add sour cream with baking soda, mix well.

Blend all ingredients until mixture forms into dough.

Then add whatever you want…chocolate chips, blueberries, oatmeal and raisins, strawberry…etc.
If using frozen fruit, thaw and drain well.

For the scones like the Dark Chocolate Chip and Orange Zest…I add the zest and juice of the orange and blend well. Or if I make the Vanilla Bean and Lavender Scone, I add vanilla extract and lavender to the mixture.



Scones are easy to make. Try it sometimes. Or better still, come on down to Erin’s Deli and buy a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment