Wednesday, August 1, 2018

How To Make Pepperoni Rolls (my way)



One of my baking jobs is to make pepperoni rolls for Erin’s Deli. The job isn’t difficult but it does take a while to get the rolls made.
*First, remove the frozen dough and leave it in the refrigerator to thaw out.

*Next, when the dough is thawed, I take it out of the refrigerator and place it in the Proofer to rise.

* Take out the dough from each bag, cut it in half and roll the dough flat on a floured surface.

*After I get a few flat pieces of dough rolled ouy, I brush on an oil mixture with herbs, then place pepperoni on the top, and sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.

*I pull the sides of the dough together and roll it up with the seam placed down on a sprayed parchment paper, on a sheet tray.

*When I get at least 9 pepperoni rolls, I put two slits in the top of the roll, brush on more oil mixture, and sprinkle chopped pepperoni on top.

After I complete all the rolls, I bake them and when they are a golden brown, I take them out of the oven and leave them on cooling racks. After the rolls are cooled, I place them in a plastic bag in the freezer to be taken down to the Deli.

The delicious rolls can be purchased at Erin’s Deli, downtown. The hardest part of this job is not to eat one of those delicious rolls all by myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment