Thursday, August 9, 2018

Fresh Blueberry Bars




After looking through one of my food magazines…I spotted a recipe for Blueberry Bars and decided to try out the recipe. First, I made a small pan of the bars and to my surprise they sold out at the Deli right away.

So, I picked up more fresh blueberries and decided to make the bars in a half sheet pan, using one of the metal collars around it. I placed a piece of parchment down, laid the collar on top and sprayed the pan with vegetable spray.

I made the crumble crust mixture a bit differently from the original recipe. I used the extra Lemon Cookies with White Chips that we had in the refrigerator. I crumbled them in the food processor, added some old-fashioned oats and melted butter and made it into a crumbly crust. I added this to the bottom of the sheet tray and pressed it firmly on the bottom of the sheet tray.

I washed the blueberries and drained the excess water. I placed the blueberries in a bowl and added sugar, cornstarch, and some lemon juice, and tossed them together, and added the mixture to the crust. I used the left over crumble mixture to sprinkle over the top of the blueberries.

The bars were baked at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until the top got golden brown. Let the bars cool completely in the pan and then cut into squares.

You can pick up one or two bars at Erin’s Deli, along with a salad or sandwich. Or take home a few for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment