Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Chocolate Cappuccino Brownies



I’ve had this recipe for Chocolate Cappuccino Brownies for two years. I looked through one of my baking books, found this recipe and marked the page. I looked through the book off and on and every time that I came to the recipe I would think…I need to make this for the Deli.

Well, today, I finally decided it was time. Instead of baking the brownies in the catering kitchen, I decided to bake it at my house. I doubled the recipe and was going to make it in a half sheet tray with one of the collars. Instead, I baked it in a rectangle pan measuring 9”x13”.  After making the brownies, I decided that the next time that I would make it in the half sheet tray for the Deli. I would probably triple the recipe. But for now…I went with a smaller pan.

I hoped the brownies would be good. They looked good and my daughter, who owns the Deli, stopped over and sampled a piece. I took a taste and decided that the next best thing to a cappuccino itself was this brownie.  Better still, the next time I would drink a cappuccino and eat one of these sumptuous brownies. 

I posted a picture of the brownie and announced that it would be down at the Deli. I have had a few requests for the recipe…so here it goes for a single recipe: 

            ½ cup unsalted butter, melted                            ½ tsp. salt
            1 cup brown sugar, packed                                1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
            2 Tbs. instant coffee granules                            1/3 cup + 1 Tb. baking cocoa
            3 eggs, slightly beaten                                        1 cup chopped walnuts
            1 tsp. Vanilla extract                                           1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
            ½ brewed coffee, cooled                                     Garnish: powdered sugar
            1 tsp. baking powder

In a bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and coffee granules; blend well. Add eggs, vanilla, and cooled coffee; stir. In separate bowl, combine baking powder, salt, flour and cocoa; add to butter mixture. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased 13” x 9” baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into squares. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Makes 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.

The recipe is easy. But if you don’t want to try it make your way to Erin’s Deli, downtown, and sample one!


No comments:

Post a Comment